RIVIERA THEATRE UPDATE TO COVID-19
March 16, 2020
As per Governor Whitmer’s order, we are now temporarily shut down. We will continue to keep you posted when there are updates to share.
March 13, 2020
The Riviera Theatre takes the safety of our customers and staff seriously, and will follow the Michigan Department of Health & Human Services recommendations for COVID-19 community mitigation strategies. As global concerns increase over the virus and its potential impact on everyday things in our community, including going to see movies and concerts, we have decided to take the following actions:
At this time the theatre and bar are still open and operating as we work diligently to clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces to keep audiences safe. We have decided to postpone all events that might exceed 100 guests; this will include* both Hazeltree for March 13, 2020 & The Insiders concert schedule for March 27, 2020. All purchased tickets will be honored for the new dates as soon as they are announced. We are open to taking whatever steps may become necessary as new developments arise to keep our patrons and community healthy. In the meantime, here are a few changes we’ll be making and what we ask of you:
- KEEP IT CLEAN: We have been increasing our frequency of cleaning the theater during open hours, including the box office, concessions stand, theater seats, and restrooms. Our staff will continue to use a sanitation cleaning solution (rated for hospitals/health care institutions) on areas frequently visited by customers.
- HAND WASHING: Our restrooms have plenty of soap for washing your hands, and entrances will have hand sanitizer stations (as supplies last).
- SPREAD OUT: In order to stay open while decreasing the spread of the virus, we are limiting seating capacity for all of our movies. We are asking patrons to spread out and leave space between guests.
- CHOOSE TO STAY HOME: If you’re feeling ill, we encourage you to stay home until your symptoms improve – and put the safety of your neighbors ahead of your desire to see a film.
- DON’T TOUCH YOUR FACE: If you do, please wash your hands immediately afterwards.
We will post updates as we have them. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 269-278-8068.
*CANCELLATION & POSTPONEMENT UPDATES:
- Stop Making Sense – CANCELLED
- Claude Bourbon – CANCELLED
- As of today (3/16) we are temporarily shut down. All March and April events are either being cancelled or postponed. Currently everything will be marked as “Cancelled” as we are not yet sure how long the temporary shutdown will be, and so cannot schedule new dates for those events/films which can be postponed.